Borrow a bicycle! Help reduce De Anza's carbon footprint!
Environmental sustainability is one of our generation's top concerns. The DASB Senate has acknowledged that students can benefit from other means of transportation to and from school, if provided the opportunity. Therefore, DASB Senate is implementing a bike rental program for our student body. This program gives students a new perspective on ways of commuting.
Read a recent San Jose Mercury News article about the bike program.
College Life Job Opportunities for Students
- 1 Bicycle
- 1 Helmet
- 1 Bike Lock
- 2 Bike Repair Stations On Campus at:
- Kirsch Center
- Parking Lot A (by the Bike Cage)
DASB wants to encourage different ways of transportation and increase bicycle use. Students are able to rent bicycles for off campus use.
The goal of the Bike Program is to provide alternative transportation, while saving students money. Students will engage in a lifestyle of independence, resourcefulness and good health.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be a DASB Card Holder
- Have paid all fees or be on an installment plan through the Cashier's Office.
Note: Last day to enroll in an installment plan is the second Friday of each new quarter.
- Enrolled in at least 6 units (at least 3 units during summer quarter)
- December 7th: Bike Return Deadline
- December 14th: Hold placed on accounts for delinquent bike return/unpaid fees
Bike Program Form
Download and submit form to the Office of College Life
Bike Program Hours for Fall 2018
- Monday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Friday 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Bicycling at De Anza
Here is a handy document with some basic information about bicycling at De Anza.