Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|35950||EWRT 1A||1YD||M·W····||08:30 AM-10:20 AM||Kim Palmore||L63|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
EWRT-001A-1YD: Learning Community. Requires concurrent enrollment in LART 250.01D. To register, contact CASA@fhda.edu and go to https://goo.gl/forms/1pGhMgq75bkO7F593 Hybrid course. Access to the Internet is required. This class physically meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30-10:20 a.m. This class also meets online on Fridays from 9:30 a.m. ? 10:20 a.m. The online portion of the class is conducted via the Canvas online system.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211); or equivalent placement (normally based on results of the English Placement Tests).